These verses from the Quran sketch the Profile of a Muslim (Mu’min). Success for a Muslim doesn’t automatically follow belief. It requires fulfillment of certain conditions.
1. Successful indeed are the believers.
2. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all
solemnity and full submissiveness.
3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden).
4. And those who pay the Zakat.
5. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
6. Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, – for then, they are free from blame;
7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;
8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts) and to their covenants;
9. And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours);
10. These are indeed the inheritors
11.Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.
We as Muslims therefore should ensure the following:
1. Offer prayers regularly at the fixed times and by consciously standing in front of The Almighty
Allah with total submission.
2. Become cognizant about what Allah has
forbidden and making a conscious effort to stay
away from it. Just as we love to keep our bodies
clean, we should be concerned about keeping
our hearts untainted and pure by guarding
ourselves from all that is dirty, evil, false and
worthless in our talk, and from everything else
that we have been forbidden.
3. Promptly pay Zakat as soon as it is due and not delaying or making excuses, for the Zakat
amount is ‘poor due’ and doesn’t belong to us.
4. Not become brazen about matters pertaining to sex, or immune to shamelessness and
promiscuity. Preserving human dignity and
decency paves the way for a healthy society.
5. Find legitimate gratification of desires only in
6. Not betray trust or go back on one’s word.
These verses explicitly convey that abiding by these get us into Paradise for eternal happiness!